How We Do Church
The video below gives an insight into how STC Sheffield works as church. Just press play!
STC Sheffield is a large church comprising of six distinct life stage-defined demographic groups which together form ‘church’. The six churches are as below – do click on the links to get a flavour of each church.
STC Kids – church for 0-11s
STC Youth – church for teenagers, 11-18s
STC Students – church for university students
STC Young Adults – church for 18-30s
STC Families – church for those with small children
STC Community – church for our networks and neighbourhoods
At the heart of our church are midweek communities called Clusters and 6s, formerly referred to as cells. During the pandemic, research into zoom and video call interaction encouraged us to reduce the size of cells to 6 people, and we have seen a strengthening in the depth of relationship that enables.
What are Clusters?
- Clusters are communities of 20-30 people who have a common purpose or vision.
- Cluster communities comprise of two or more 6s.
- Cluster communities are a place to both Connect with others and together make an Impact in local areas, workplaces etc.
- Clusters usually meet monthly, with their 6s meeting the other 3 weeks; however, this may vary as appropriate.
What are 6s?
- 6s are small groups of 6 people (would you believe?!) supporting each other through prayer, the Bible, fun and friendship, encouraging each other to reach out to neighbours and the local community.
- 6s usually meet weekly (and Cluster each month) – meeting times vary depending on life stage.
Clusters and 6s look to live out the lifestyle of Jesus; a three dimensional lifestyle of UP – IN – OUT. Having seen this basic UP-IN-OUT structure in the video above, the video below shows how this actually works in practice here at STC. Discipleship is at the heart of all we do and this video, ‘6 Marks of a Disciple’, unpacks this.
We would love to help you connect into a midweek community, click here to get in touch.