Lent is the season of preparation for Easter, beginning on Ash Wednesday and concluding on Easter Sunday. In the Christian tradition, Lent is a time for reflection, considering God’s presence and leading in your life, as well as preparation, considering all God is yet to do in your life.
Freedom in Embrace
Every Wednesday in Lent will be a day of prayer. Do join in whenever you are able:
- 8am – 8.30am (Zoom*) Prayers led by the Crucible team.
- 9.15am – Prayer walking as individuals or in households.
- 12pm – 12.30pm (Zoom*) – Prayer and prophecy – space to listen to the Lord.
- 4pm – 4.30pm (Zoom*) – Family prayer – for families to come and pray together.
- 8pm – 8.30pm (Facebook) – Lent Reflections – a staff-led time of prayer, worship and reflection.
*Find the Zoom codes in the ‘This Week at STC’ email or contact the church office.
Each week will have a theme based on a Bible passage from Exodus:
- 17th February (Ash Wednesday) – Exodus 4:1-17
- 24th February – Exodus 5:1-21
- 3rd March – Exodus 5:22-6:13
- 10th March – Exodus 6:28-7:13
- 17th March – Exodus 12:21-28
- 24th March – Exodus 12:31-51
Ash Wednesday – 17th February
- A full livestreamed Ash Wednesday service including Communion.
Holy Week and Easter
- Evening reflections, Good Friday service and a continual prayer space – more details to follow.
- Easter Sunday – livestreamed from the church building.