There are lots of ways to support Baby Basics:
- Volunteer at the Sheffield Baby Basics Centre on Glossop Road, S10
- Volunteer at the UK National Distribution Centre on Abbeydale Road, S7
- Both these centres rely on regular volunteers who can give a couple of hours or more a week.
Good quality donations
- New or second hand essential items such as cots, prams, buggies, clothes, toys, toiletries, nappies, books
- The Baby Basics Facebook page is updated every Friday with the next week’s needs.
Knitting or Sewing
- Cardigans, jumpers and blankets, bags, sheets, taggies, bibs and more… If you’d like to help from home and knit/sew please contact Baby Basics for the sewing pattern book or information about knitting. It’s important to adhere to health and safety guidelines on sizes of blankets and if they have holes in them for fingers to get caught in.
Washing and ironing
- Baby Basics always need people who are happy to collect and return a bin bag of pre-sorted second-hand clothing to wash and/or iron. (Collection from our Glossop Road site).
- Sky dive, run a marathon, have a cake sale, enter a pie competition; you name it! We will happily accept most fundraiser ideas.
- One-off or regular giving is appreciated – you can give financially to appeals or buy items from our wishlists or email [email protected] for info such as bank details.
- Most importantly pray for Baby Basics – for their volunteers, their staff, the network of professionals who refer to the charity and most importantly the people who need the service; the children and their families. Thank you!