Have you heard about the prayer shed?
It’s literally in our own back yard! It’s a registered 24-7 prayer room, and on 13th November 2022 it opened its doors to be the centre of 24/7 prayer here at STC. A place to come together as God’s family; to seek his face; to grow in holiness; to eagerly pursue the gifts of the Holy Spirit; in short, to “Rejoice always. Pray continually. Give thanks in all circumstances!”
As we draw closer to the heart of our Father, we will pray for the peace and prosperity of Sheffield as we pursue our vision of being ‘a church FOR the city’.
Seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you into exile. Pray to the Lord for it, because if it prospers, you too will prosper. (Jeremiah 29:7)
Advent is an amazing season of hope, anticipation, and an ‘eyes wide in wonder’ unfolding of centuries of prophetic promise.
The season where seeking becomes finding and longing becomes loving.
We have three ways to engage together in Advent Prayers:
- The Prayer Shed will be open day and night; spend time there to make room for the coming Saviour to become Immanuel.
- Advent Thursdays , 7 – 7.30AM, we will come together to pray via Zoom – remember being able to chat in your PJs!?! Details to follow
- Writing the Bible: Advent. See https://ishouldprobablychange.com/advent-bible-writing/ This is a wonderful way to journey through the promise and power of Advent. Choose this as your personal daily devotion or share in a group.
Whichever you choose, we pray you will sense the wonder and open your hearts to greet the Saviour.
How to book the prayer shed:
- The Prayer Shed can be booked on our calendar at 24-7 prayer
- For specific prayer events you may book a slot using the calendar (e.g for team prayers; for retreats; for group prayers; for family prayers etc)
- STC prayer events will be publicised via the weekly church email and Facebook.
- Contact us with any questions
- Please sign in and out using the book provided
- Feel free to use all the resources in the Shed
- We’d love you to post your prayers in the Shed
- There are no toilet facilities (outside usual church opening hours), sorry!
- Wrap up warm – there is some heating but it may still be pretty chilly.
- For your safety, please do not bring candles.